Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Snow and Lawn Removal - Kingston Style


Just look at the picture, it really needs no explanation. Hint to plow drivers: If your moronic bosses send you out when there's no snow, just tool around with your blades UP! I can begrudgingly accept the fact that snow-plows, by their very nature, leave mountains of snow at the feet of driveways in the course of snow-removal. But the new fangled dirt-banks? They have got to stop.

I've finally been incensed enough to capture on film what goes on at the hands of the snow-plow drivers on my property. As you can see, they either don't care or don't know where the road ends, and they plow up a good three feet of my lawn, depositing its earthy underbelly across the width of my driveway. This is the fourth time this year. I can kind of understand, since this is one of the most neglected streets in the city. It's barely even a street at this point - more like a dried out creek-bed with some clumps of asphalt on it. Regardless, this is just unacceptable.

Given that the amount of snowfall on this day was somewhere in the two millimeter range, I'm not sure why they even sent the plows out. God knows they didn't see fit to send them earlier this year when there was more than a foot on that same little street. The powers that be have also neglected to pick up our recycling five times in 2006. I call them every time, and every time they send out a phantom truck (I never actually see them arrive) to pick it up later that day or the next.

What the hell do we pay property taxes for again?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Saturday, April 15, 2006 4:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home