Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Doctors and the Lack of Choice

Any Kingstonians who feel that they are trapped in a doctor-patient relationship are encouraged to email me.
I have begun an aggressive attack on this problem, which I believe is counter to democratic values and liberal ideals.
I would like to say that the rumours are false.. many immigrants and residents of other countries believe that in Canada you are not allowed to choose your own health care provider. But alas, this is precisely the case.
Check this out:
Sustainablemiddleclass
Information Clearinghouse
Alternet
and blah blah blah. I notice that there is one very popular article by one author (who uses two names) repeated consistently across the WWW.

Anyway.. It's of little consequence. It isn't a myth.

I am hoping to collect similar stories from Ontarians trapped in a no-win healthcare situation.

And.. I'd encourage everyone to go to RateMDs.com and report their doctor. When you get to the homepage there you should look on the left pane near the top for the "Browse Doctors" link. If you click it, there's an alphabet at the bottom of the next page for the doctor's last name. Very interesting stuff. You can rate your doc, read other reviews, and reply to what others have said. At the time of this writing my (former) doctor has not only the most numerous reviews but also the most negative reviews in this whole city .. and I didn't even find that site until after I'd decided I was better off without a doctor than with this guy.
Remember if you visit the site to keep it brief, and be totally honest - you are legally responsible for what you write.

Feel free to contact me directly at
nelson23nelson@hotmail.com

This is going to be my project until I get justice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home